Fernando Botero’s Paintings – The Perfect Art Pieces for Every Home
Fernando Boterowas born in Medellin, Colombia in 1932. It was in 1951 when he moved to Bogota to have his first solo exhibition at the Leo Matiz Gallery. He had an extensive education on painting and learned his fresco techniques from the Italian masters. Fernando Botero became an educator in 1956 when he taught Fine Arts at the University of Bogota. It was in 1969 when his reputation as one of the masters in painting was established when his work was highlighted the “Inflated Images” exhibition at New York’s Museum of Modern Art.
Fernando Botero’s paintings are the gifts that any person will definitely want to receive. It can become the perfect addition to every home and is the best decoration that will surely give life to the ordinarily boring look of your home’s interiors.
Fernando Botero has created the best works of art and among the paintings that you should consider buying are the following:
1. Mona Lisa. This is his famous version of the much acclaimed masterpiece of Da Vinci. It was created in 1978 and greatly depicts the famous character in a much different light.
2. Mother and Child. This is the painting that can easily speak of Fernando Botero’s paintings. This is his version of the famous “Mother and Child” painting but definitely speaks of uniqueness in every way.
3. Fruit Basket. This is one of Fernado Botero’s earliest works and it will definitely attract the attention of the viewers because of the unique artistry that is consistent on all the Fernando Botero’s creations.
4. Gate of Heaven. Like the name suggests, this painting by Botero presents his point of view on what life will be like after death.
5. The Atelier. Like the other paintings by Fernando Botero, this presents a woman in the nude but Botero made it certain for the painting to be presented in the most artistic manner.
The style that Fernando Botero is known for is the robust and inflated forms of exaggerated human figures and as he relives history in all his works he is also slowly making a legend out of himself. By the perfect mixture of the Renaissance and Baroque painting techniques that is exquisitely done by Botero, there will always be enough reason to invest on such amazing artworks. Owning a Fernando Botero painting will definitely be a privilege because it will be a way for one to take a glimpse on the intimate moments in life and on all the ordinary things that became more unusual because of the flair and unique artistry applied by the master, Fernando Botero.
About the author :